Thursday, March 21, 2013

How to Cook Perfect Boiled Eggs Every Time


With these steps, you'll never get a half-cooked yolk or one of those over-cooked, gray yolks. Ever since I've learned this technique, I've had no problem making perfect boiled eggs for salads and deviled eggs. They even peel easier!

1. Place eggs in the bottom of a pot or saucepan in a single layer (do not stack or pile the eggs on top of each other) and fill water to one inch above eggs. Add a couple pinches of salt.

2. Uncovered and on high, heat eggs to a rolling boil. Allow rolling boil for 30 seconds, then remove eggs from heat and cover tightly with lid.

3. Let covered pot sit for 10 minutes without opening lid, then drain hot water from pot and add cool water and a handful of ice cubes.

You're finished!

I peel my eggs under slowly running water as soon as they're cool enough to handle, and I've never had a problem making pretty, clean peeled eggs. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment