Sunday, August 25, 2013

Make-Ahead Work Day Lunches: Grilled Chicken Salad, Yogurt, and Fruit

I've found that if I pack myself a lunch and take it to work, I'll eat it. If I don't bring a lunch and rely on myself to make healthy choices in the company dining room or at a nearby restaurant, I end up eating something awful for me.

Though I didn't have much extra time this evening, I was able to use some of my new Ziploc containers to throw together 3 pre-made salads. My phone was nearby, so I figured I could document it for all 2 of my blog readers.

Dressing on the bottom - this keeps all the crunchy or lettuce-y bits from getting soggy. I'll shake it up before eating. I alternated Wishbone House Italian and Hidden Valley Ranch. I know, Hidden Valley Ranch might as well be melted butter. I don't care. This salad is STILL better than eating a cheeseburger.


Sugar snap peas are next, followed by pre-grilled chicken strips and wedges of tomatoes.



Romaine mixed lettuce and crispy onions as a topper.





I made fruit salad with nectarines, peaches, plums, and a couple kiwi earlier in the day. The whole bowl had 1/2 a tablespoon of sugar sprinkled on it, and it helped create a kind of syrup over the fruit. Super delicious.


Here are the meals ready for me to grab in the morning.


For me, the key is having pre-made meals ready to throw into my lunch box. If you're needing help eating healthy during the work week, I suggest trying this out. It's worth the time on Sunday evening to not have to feel guilty about splurging Mon-Fri.

No comments:

Post a Comment