Thursday, September 13, 2012

Easy 4-Item Chicken Stir Fry

Easy Chicken Stir Fry Recipe

Okay. I say "4-Item," because I cheat. I admit it. When I can buy a single package of prepared stir fry veggies in the Kroger produce section, I do it. I'm counting my cellophane-wrapped veggies as 1 item. So there. :)

Here's what you need:

Stir fry veggies (broccoli, carrots, onion, and bell peppers)
2 chicken breasts
1 bottle La Choy Stir Fry Sauce
Soy sauce

Cooking oil
Wok or large skillet


Chicken Stir Fry Ingredients

Slice chicken breasts horizontally, cover with plastic wrap, then pound chicken out to approx 1/4 inch thickness.

Chicken Breast - Chicken Stir Fry Recipe

Heat wok or skillet to med-high heat. Cut the thin chicken breast into small strips (approx 1x1" pieces), and add 2 tbsp cooking oil before placing chicken into skillet.

Cooking Chicken Breast - Chicken Stir Fry Recipe


Stir chicken often. I seasoned mine with some garlic and onion powder. Once only a little pink remains, add the veggies and continue to stir often.

Chicken Stir Fry Recipe

When veggies no longer have that "raw" look to them, add 2 tbsp of soy sauce. The moisture speeds up the cooking process of the veggies, and gives the chicken a nice color. :)

Chicken Stir Fry Recipe

Continue to stir and toss the veggies and chicken. Once all of the veggies look tender-crisp, add 1/2 bottle of  stir fry sauce (7oz if you use La Choy) and stir until everything is coated. Reduce heat to low until either rice or noodles are ready. If you are not pairing with either of those, feel free to serve as-is!

Chicken Stir Fry Recipe

I served mine with Jasmine rice, and it turned out great!

Chicken Stir Fry With Jasmine Rice

Let me know in the comments below if you try my method out. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment